With the trade show season quickly approaching, now is the time to make plans for your display. Your booth design is the most effective way to attract visitors, and having an impressive display can be just the thing to generate that flow of traffic you’re looking for. Owning a custom-made display is ideal for most, but there are also reasons to consider the option of renting a display.
Why you should rent:
- One-time need. You only need the display for a one-time use, and it would be a waste of money to invest in a display that will never be used again.
- Lower cost. Your budget is tight and now is not the best time to invest in purchasing a custom display. You want to spend your marketing money elsewhere, such as on samples or promotional items.
- Overlapping shows. Your primary company display is already reserved for the time you need it.
- Less maintenance. Most display companies will install and dismantle the display if you rent from them (especially if you rent from a company within the same area of the event). You also won’t have to worry about shipping or storing the display.
- Flexibility. A rental often allows for the capability of changing display (graphics or hardware) from show to show, to fit the unique requirements of each trade show and the attendees.
- Experimenting. If this is your first time attending a trade show, you may not be sure what sort of display will work best for your needs. Even if you have attended many shows, there are so many different display types and sizes, it’s a good idea to “test drive” the ones you like in order to see which is right for you. You can also monitor how successful each booth type is and, when the time is right to purchase a custom display, refer to your experiences from renting.
- No commitment. If the display turns out not to work for what you need or want, no problem. You aren’t stuck with it for the next five years, as you likely would be if you had purchased it.
Why you should purchase:
- Consistency. Purchasing a custom display will create a consistent brand image and allow your company to be easily recognized at all your events.
- Availability. Whenever the display is needed, you’ll have it. You won’t run into a situation where the display you normally use is unavailable because another company has already booked it.
- Attending several shows. If your company attends several shows every year, it will be a better deal in the long run to purchase a display.
- Customized. Every detail about a purchased display can be specified for your company. Colors, sizes, shapes, accessories, etc., it’s all up to you!
- Unique. Because it is designed to your specifications, you will have a one-of-a-kind display that can set you apart from others.