Written by Guest Contributor – Hendrik Lenze, Director of Business Development for Nomadic Display
In the “portable exhibit” world, Nomadic Display continues to see three major trends:
- Tension Fabric Displays’ rise in popularity
- iPad/tablet integration into booth designs
- Portability combined with “functional” needs
With these industry trends in mind, let’s take a closer look at these aspects of your trade show / exhibiting mix-
Tension Fabric Displays
Whether it’s for an event or trade show, graphics digitally printed on tension fabric can be seen on everything from hanging signs to backdrops & counters. Rapid growth in the popularity of tension fabric displays in recent years is likely due to key advantages such as:
- Fabric graphics deliver high quality, continuous-tone images in a vivid range of colors.
- Fabric graphics are durable and easy to maintain. They don’t ding or dent. They are fade resistant and machine washable.
- Fabric graphics are lighter in weight and ship compactly which helps reduce storage, transportation and handling (aka drayage) costs.
For a purely graphic backwall, nothing beats combining tension fabric with a pop-up for the ultimate in portability and speed. Our popular FabriMural display offers lightning fast set-up because the graphics travel pre-installed on the frame. Just pop it up and it’s ready to show.
More & more, exhibitors are leaving their printed literature at home, shifting instead to iPad/tablet integration for customer interaction, lead capturing & literature distribution. Some of the reasons for this include:
- Desire to be “green” ‐ Fewer resources used by reducing and/or eliminating printed pieces. (And a smaller “carbon footprint” resulting from shipping less collateral to and from the show.)
- Potential to save money and materials from having fewer printed pieces that will need to be discarded once they become outdated.
- Flexibility to update messaging as quickly as your business or industry changes.
- Information can be fed instantly to your sales network with up‐to‐date materials to begin selling/promoting immediately.
- Collecting & managing leads electronically means ease of data manipulation and following up after the show
If you’re already using an iPad in your booth, consider investing in the amazing “Media on Demand” App and enjoy a higher return on your investment. This app is customizable to display your brand, manage your sales literature, and allows you to view product photos/videos, technical specifications & promotions as well. You can capture leads & email PDFs directly to your customer from within the app.
Portability (Here’s where we bring it all together)
For those of you already familiar with the FabriMural display, you may know about the RollOne storage case, which can convert to a display counter featuring matching graphics. You can now take that a step further by utilizing the new iPad counter-top. Cleverly inset portrait or landscape into the counter-top, an acrylic shield provides security during show hours while offering cut-outs for access to all the tablet control buttons. To ensure continuous power to the tablet, the cord can remain in place while secured into the counter-top.
By making the most of these concepts you can look forward to a display design that is cutting edge, while still being simple to ship & easy to set up. Please contact the staff at FB Displays & Designs, Inc. in order to find out more about The Nomadic Display FabriMural, iPad counter-top upgrade or the “Media on Demand” application.